I am interactive, warm and real when in session with you. This means that I will let you know what I really think is holding you back from having better connections with people and how you may be ineffective. While it may be hard to hear at times, I hold a very compassionate stance and I can help you build confidence in yourself. I know that it is extremely vulnerable to reach out for help and I am committed to being your support. I also embrace humor and encourage it when appropriate.
Prior to becoming a therapist, I worked in corporate management and consulting. This gave me a unique understanding of its fast-paced culture, which I use to guide clients through work-related anxiety and stress. My life experience informs both my approach to therapy and specializations.
Education and License
- M.A., Integral Counseling Psychology,
- Psychoanalytic Couples Training, PCPG
- SF Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Program, San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis
- Licensed in the State of California, Marriage and Family Therapist #77122
Presentations and Media Appearances
- San Francisco Marriage and Couples Center:
"The Second Generation Dilemma: How Our Family's Cultural Expressions of Love Affect Us"
- San Francisco State University: “Normalizing Psychotherapy Within the Asian Community”
- California Institute of Integral Studies: “Finding a Sense of Identity in Between Two Cultures”
- Hyphen magazine: “Biggest Loser Star Ada Wong Adjusts to Life After Reality TV”
- Happy 5 Radio (local Vietnamese radio station): "The Impact of Parents’ Involvement with a Child’s Psychological Development"
Email me or call for a consultation: (415) 938-7670